|The United States of America is still the greatest nation on the face of the earth but our leadership role is being undermined by our actions. America is tragically becoming a Nation of Hypocrites.
How is this so? What are we doing that is casting a dark shadow upon Old Glory?Following are just a few examples of American hypocrisy:
1. We condemn Brazil for clear-cutting the rain forests of the Amazon yet we are clear-cutting the last remnants of our ancient forests.
2. We promote ourselves as the worlds leader in bringing peace to the world yet we are constantly rattling sabers and talking of war.
3. We tell the world that we care about the health of children yet we are destroying the health of our own children by stuffing them with junk food and exposing them to a mind-boggling soup of health destroying chemicals.
4. We act as if we care about the humane treatment of animals yet we torture millions upon millions of animals in factory farms.
5. We say that we care about the education of our children yet we warehouse them under inhumane conditions in windowless schools and then ply them with drugs to control them.
6. We act as if we care about food for the hungry yet instead of providing the poor and hungry with wholesome and nutritious food we hand out food stamps with which they can purchase shopping carts loaded with junk food in fancy packaging.
7. We condemn totalitarian nations for their use and abuse of the death penalty yet we execute more innocent people than the rest of the so-called Free World combined.
8. We spend billions to fight a War on Drugs and destroy the lives of tens of thousands of our nations youth by throwing them in prison for minor infractions yet thousands of the so-called drug fighters are themselves addicted to nicotine, alcohol, and prescription drugs.
9. We promote our nation as America the Beautiful yet we are in the process of bulldozing and destroying what little is left of the America the Beautiful as first described by our founding fathers and mothers.
Is it any wonder then that the citizens of other nations feel that they cannot trust us to be honest and truthful in our dealings with them?
Is it any wonder then that some people look down upon us rather than respect us?
Our actions betray our words. We must set the example for the rest of the world to follow. We can no longer demand that they do as we say, not as we do.
This patriotic message is brought to you by George H. Russell
To be included on our member list, please send us an e-mail and provide the following information:
Your name, address, and e-mail address.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We would love to hear from you!
How you can Help
Click here to e-mail us!